The International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market/Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc. have detailed furniture trends impacting the outdoor sector of the marketplace. The 2013 International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market runs from September 17 to 20 at the Chicago Merchandise Mart.
Among the key trends, as characterized by the market holders:
- Spacious Grilling Stations. Homeowners are on the lookout for creative ways to upgrade outdoor patios with spacious cooking and grilling stations that suit their backyard entertaining needs. In a recent outdoor living trends survey conducted by the American Society of Landscape Architects, 74.4% of respondents said additional task space in outdoor areas is a priority.
- Aesthetically Enhanced Furniture. Many consumers are looking for additional backyard space elements that reflect personal tastes and preferences. So, they have favored artistically enhanced furniture collections they can customized to complement existing color palettes and accessories.
- Low-maintenance Dining Collections. Consumers are opting for stylish but durable outdoor dining sets. Design now counts even when shoppers seek lasting casual furniture.
- Industrial-Style Fire Pits. The industrial look, evident throughout the furniture and lighting sectors, is taking its place in the outdoors. Backyard fire pits designed with an industrial features offer a sense of simplicity and sophistication compatible with modern lifestyles.
- Modular Seating Units. As modular looks make a comeback inside the home, mix and match seating collections in both contemporary and transitional-style settings have gained popularity for their versatility. Consumers can customize modular seating options into multiple configurations and personalize their outdoor spaces.
- Functional Shade Accessories. Consumers want to enjoy backyard spaces all year long, during the day or at night but need help creating a friendly environment. The shade accessory segment, from high-end lighting designs and heating systems to protective shade covers and sturdy umbrella locks, is growing as they make outdoor spaces more comfortable.