The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association has developed a Licensing University seminar program to help inform participants in the Licensing Week events in Las Vegas this May about hot topics in the industry.
Licensing University takes place May 22 to 25 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, and will be held as an adjunct to the Licensing Expo, owned and organized by UBM and sponsored by LIMA. The expo begins on May 23.
Cole Gahagan, chief commercial officer of sports licensing firm Fanatics Inc., will deliver the keynote address, “Licensing In The On-Demand Economy.” Gahagan will look at how market and generational forces have shaped Fanatics strategies and how the firm views the road ahead. The keynote session starts 8 a.m. on Tuesday, May 23.
In addition, Licensing University’s hot topic sessions this year include:
- Growth Markets: India, China and Brazil
- Planning, And Executing, Your Social Media Strategy
- Eight Key Steps in Extending a Brand
- Basics of Sports Licensing
- The Changing Landscape of Digital Entertainment
- Capsules, Collaborations and Limited Editions: Opportunities and Pitfalls
- Studies in Food and Beverage Branding