Wednesday November 28th, 2012 - 1:12PM
According to Experian Marketing Services, overall online traffic on Cyber Monday increased 11% in 2012 as compared with 2011. On the occasion, the top 500 retail sites received more than 206.8 million total visits from consumers in the United States.
Thanksgiving and Black Friday retail website visits increased, too, the market research firm noted. Online retail site traffic from Thanksgiving Day to Cyber Monday gained 8% in 2012 versus 2011, Experian stated.
The Top 5 Retail Sites on Cyber Monday, as ranked by Experian, were:
- Amazon.com: up 36% from 2011
- Walmart: up 21% from 2011
- Best Buy: up 10% from 2011
- Target: down 4% from 2011
- J.C. Penney: down 1% from 2011