Friday January 11th, 2013 - 1:24PM
WithIt, the women's leadership network for the home and furnishings industries, has announced its 2013 board of directors roster. Founded in 1997 as a non-profit organization dedicated to mentoring, education, networking and leadership development, the group exists to encourage and develop leadership opportunities for women, it stated.
The WithIt board includes an executive committee, vice presidents who lead committees, vice presidents who represent industry functions and vice presidents who represent geographic regions.
For 2013, Betty Lyn Eller, vp/home division of marketing agency IMRE, becomes 2013’s WithIt president.
"Being involved in WithIt is an investment in your success and your professional future," Eller said. "This is your organization and it’s up to you to get involved and see the return on your investment."
Serving this year in addition to Eller are:
- Chairman, board of governors, Mary Leigh Howell, principal, Howell Communications.
- Chairman, WithIt, Julia Rosien, chief idea officer, Social North.
- Vice president and president elect, Violette Forman, general manager, Havertys Furniture.
- Secretary, Cindy Williams, vp/sales, Wright Global Graphic Solutions.
- Treasurer, Peg Whitehurst, vp/finance, Norwalk Furniture.
Vice presidents and committee chairs are:
- Education: Pat Bowling, vp/communications, American Home Furnishings Alliance.
- Marketing: Amanda Williams, public relations account supervisor, Wray Ward.
- Media: Lisa Hanly, vp/corporate communications/public relations, Furniture Brands.
- Membership: Kim Grubb, vp/sales, Wright Global Graphic Solutions.
- Mentoring: Amy Schmidt, vp/merchandising communications, FurnitureDealer.net.
- Networking: Margi Kyle, owner and interior designer, The Designing Doctor.
- Social Networking: Dana Helms, social media community manager, Social North.
Vice president at large officers, serving as representatives of industry functions, are:
- Manufacturing: Carol Gregg, president, Red Egg.
- Youth Outreach: Victoria Valentinas, visual merchandising coordinator, Bassett Furniture.
- Supplier/Design: Libby Langdon, president, Libby Interiors Inc.
Regional vice presidents, asked with building membership and developing events in their regions, are:
- Virginias/Carolinas, Trisha Kemerly, president, WhipSmart Creative.
- International, Donna Bartlett, president, ViewIt Technologies.
- Sara Lyke remains as WithIt's executive director, and Amy VanDorp is membership/media manager.