Tuesday April 16th, 2013 - 11:52AM
Today, Amazon announced the launch of a 50+ Active and Healthy Living Store that includes consumables and durable items ranging from Rogaine to hair dryers. Indeed, the company pointed out that amazon.com/50activeliving provides hundreds of thousands of nutrition, wellness, fitness, medical, personal care, beauty and entertainment items in a single destination for customers 50 years old and up.
In addition to hair dryers, site visitors interested in health and personal care items can browse blood pressure and other medical monitoring devices, electric toothbrushes and flossers, pedometers, microabrasion appliances, and hair trimmers, shavers and clippers, among other products. The site even offers magnifying desk lamps.
Visitors also can sign up to receive thousands of items— for example, everyday essentials like vitamins, incontinence care products and shampoo— delivered automatically to their home at discounted prices via a Subscribe & Save program, Amazon stated. The 50+ store will feature detailed product information, images, customer reviews, best sellers, recommendations and a resource center with tips on beauty, healthy eating, caregiving and other topics to help customers find products that suit their needs.
“We’re excited to offer customers in the 50+ age range a place to easily discover hundreds of thousands of items that promote active and healthy living. This is a destination where a customer can purchase anything from vitamins and blood pressure monitors to skin care items and books on traveling the world,” said Chance Wales, director of beauty, health and personal care for Amazon. “Our goal is to offer great prices on a vast selection of items and a robust resource center filled with tips on everything from boosting brain power to care-giving.”
The Amazon 50+ Active and Healthy Living Store, the retailer noted, is divided into nine categories and their feature segments:
- Nutrition & Wellness. Vitamins and supplements, nutritional drinks and bars, etc.
- Exercise & Fitness. Activity monitors, videos on active living, exercise equipment, athletic apparel, etc.
- Health Care. Diabetes management items, over-the-counter medicines, first aid items, etc.
- Medical Supplies. Blood pressure monitors, daily living aids, mobility aids, etc.
- Incontinence. Briefs and underwear, pads and guards, cleansers, furniture protection, etc.
- Personal Care. Men’s grooming needs, oral care, hair loss items, feminine care, etc.
- Beauty. Skin care, bath and body items, fragrance, cosmetics, etc.
- Travel & Leisure. Travel guides, travel bags, toiletries, etc.
- Entertainment. Books, audio books, video, etc.