Friday July 19th, 2013 - 3:54PM
GLM today announced that NY NOW, its upcoming gift and home market, has designated six products with its highest “Degrees of SustainAbility” status in the summer 2013 SustainAbility: design for a better world exhibit.
“These programs support the main goal of NY NOW’s overall SustainAbility initiative, which is to promote and build awareness of sustainable, earth-friendly home and lifestyle resources,” said Christian Falkenberg, NY NOW director and GLM senior vp. “While we’ve set specific criteria required to achieve ‘Degrees of SustainAbility’ status, the Eco Choice awards are determined by opinions and preferences of the industry-at-large.”
The six companies designated with the highest SustainAbility3 ranking this summer include:
• Elisabethan for its tablet cozy and coat pin, both made in the USA from recycled materials
• Hand in Hand Soap for its donation of clean water and soap to children in developing countries
• Hester & Cook Design Group for its collection of recycled paper placemats and napkins
• JeevanKala for its plastic vases and support of medical programs in Kathmandu
• Made by Survivors for its handmade jewelry production which employs women who were formerly enslaved
• Marina Paper for its line of handmade books and journals produced by Nepalese women artisans.
These SustainAbility3 designated products will be identified by special signage in the display at NY NOW.