Wednesday September 25th, 2013 - 10:21AM
Ace Hardware has revealed its top paint color and décor trends for fall 2013, as chosen by the retailer’s panel of design experts. Nature-inspired color palettes and décor are trending this season to reflect the changing colors of the outdoors. Rich shades of red, auburn and pumpkin paired with warm neutrals such as mocha and chocolate will be accented by deep jewel tones in shades of emerald, purple, deep pink and blue, according to the retailer.
Based off of the season’s design trends, Ace’s experts selected the following color trends for fall 2013:
- Jewel tones, including emerald green, will continue to be popular this season.
- Equestrian palettes with warm hues will be on trend, especially when paired with brass, leather and wood décor accents.
- Rich shades of dark brown and with accents of red and pink add a touch of drama to kitchen makeovers.
- To give a room a rich, masculine feel use shades of darker green and blue. Add gold accents in the form of a lamp or mirror to complement these darker shades.
- Base colors like caramel and espresso will be popular as people move toward warmer hues this season.
- Inspired by fall colors in nature, shades of auburn and pumpkin bring seasonal outdoor tones inside.
Once the colors are selected, Ace’s Design Experts recommended the following fall décor tips to freshen up homes this season: Outdoor inspiration such as nature-inspired graphic details; cozy and rustic looks; grayed out wood tones; natural elements such as branches or stones; and reclaimed materials such as handmade accent tiles, vintage items and distressed wood flooring.