Friday December 6th, 2013 - 10:18AM
Walmart, to celebrate and, again, tout what it characterized as a record Black Friday Weekend and Cyber Monday, is offering online customers another chance to shop deals from Black Friday weekend with a one-day only Green Monday cyber event on December 9. Green Monday, the second Monday of December, has emerged as a leading traffic and sales day for online shopping, Walmart noted.
According to market research firm comScore, Green Monday was the third-highest online shopping day of the 2012 holiday shopping season, generating $1.28 billion in sales. For 2013 Walmart will introduce more than 300 Green Monday deals on Walmart.com including 10 popular bargains from Black Friday weekend. The deal reruns include five of Walmart.com’s top sellers and five best sellers that may surprise customers, Walmart asserted.
Among the top five Black Friday bargains that Walmart maintained might surprise people are:
- Keurig K60 Single-Serve Coffeemaker Brewing System for $139.
- A 4x8 Photo Greeting Card for 28 cents.
- Garth Brooks: Blame It All On My Roots, including six CDs and two DVDs, a Walmart exclusive for $24.96.
- Ematic 8-in-1 Universal Accessory Kit with Portable Bluetooth Speakerbox for $20.
- Wrangler Men’s Relaxed Fit Jeans for $15.77.
The five top-selling Black Friday weekend items Walmart is bringing back for customers on December 9, the retailer stated, include its top web sellers in the television, tablet and toy segments at their lowest prices:
- LEGO Fun with Bricks Building Set, 600 pieces for $15.
- Canon Black PowerShot SX160 IS 16MP 16x Optical Zoom Digital Camera for $79.
- HP 7-inch Tablet Intel Atom Processor with 8GB Memory featuring Android 4.1— Jelly Bean— for $89.
- SCEPTRE X405BV-FHDR 40-inch LED Class 1080P HDTV with ultra slim metal brush bezel, 60Hz for $249.
- Zoomer Robot Dog with Bonus Hoodie for $79.
“The second Monday in December, known as Green Monday, was Walmart.com’s highest traffic day in December for two years running, and has always been one of the highest trafficked days of the year,” said Joel Anderson, president and CEO, Walmart.com U.S. “With just over two weeks until Christmas, customers who missed out on the great deals last week still have a chance to get the best prices on the hottest gifts, still in stock, one more time.”