Tuesday January 14th, 2014 - 12:19PM
The National Retail Federation has announced the election of six new members to its board of directors. The election helped initiate NRF’s annual convention, which began yesterday, and exhibition, which launches tomorrow at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York.
Each of the new board members will serve a three-year term, NRF noted. They are:
- Walmart U.S. president and CEO Bill Simon.
- J.C. Penney Corp., Inc. CEO Mike Ullman.
- Tractor Supply Co. president and CEO Greg Sandfort.
- Beall’s CEO Steve Knopik.
- SAP senior vp and head of the Global Retail Industry Business Unit Lori Mitchell-Keller.
- Utah Retail Merchants Association president Dave Davis.
“These executives are among the top thought leaders in the world of retail and will only strengthen an already diverse and well-respected board,” NRF president and CEO Matthew Shay said in announcing the board additions. “Their knowledge and experience will be invaluable as we address the many issues facing retailers at a time when our industry is rapidly changing."