Wednesday June 25th, 2014 - 12:22PM
For the 2014 back-to-school shopping season, Staples, Inc. announced that it is carrying a wide assortment of essentials and technology that includes own-brand products with trendy new patterns, exclusive assortments from Teen Vogue and Nickelodeon, new glitter treatments and bright, colorful supplies.
Online, Staples College Center, which showcases a company partnership with singer Katy Perry that supports teacher efforts, already offers a range of categories for students returning to school including Dorm Decor, offering furniture and lighting, and Dorm Essentials, such as coffee makers and microwaves, as well as Technology for College, Gift Cards and Textbook Rentals.
In addition to popular products, Staples guarantees savings on a wide selection of core supplies and technology with its back-to-school 110% Price Match Guarantee. Under the program, the retailer will match the prices of all competitors with retail store and online presence as well as Amazon.com plus give back-to-school shoppers 10% off the price difference, whether in store or online, the company stated. Customers can shop as they want, the retailer pointed out, whether it’s online, mobile or in-store and a Less List and weekly great deals guide shoppers to specific discounts.
Staples’ identified trends and must-have products for 2014 back to school that it identified as:
- Kid-friendly bags and accessories ranging from a My Little Pony Lunch Box, sold at $7.99, to eco-friendly Glass Water Bottles, at $19.99, or a Mason Jar Water Bottles that keep drinks colder longer, at $9.99.
- Exclusive Nickelodeon patterns on Staples BETTER binders, pencil pouches, die-cut erasers, notebooks, folders and clipboards embellished with favorite characters from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to SpongeBob.
- The Slapband Stylus, at $14.99, which adds style to a traditional implement while keeping it within reach anytime and anywhere as a bracelet on a user's wrist.
- University of Style Glitter Notebooks and Composition Books available in pink, purple and silver along with Gartner Studios Spiral Notebooks, at $3, social media-themed items featuring #craycray, #overit or #whatevs.
- The Teen Vogue collection, exclusively at Staples, featuring Electric Jungle, Punk Prodigy, Rive Gauche and Festive Floral prints across an array of school supplies including notebooks, pens, erasers, folders including Staples BETTER binders.
“This back-to-school season, it’s all about an amazing selection and savings at Staples,” said Alison Corcoran, senior vp/stores and online marketing, at Staples, in announcing the seasonal initiatives. “We’re helping parents and students ‘Make More Happen for Less’ with the new Staples 110% Price Match Guarantee and great value on a huge list of essential products as well as the latest product trends.”