At its annual shareholders meeting today, Sears Holdings is telling investors it is cutting costs and “unlocking value” by divesting and selling real estate. At the same time, the retailer said it is advancing through its operation of loyalty card and e-commerce programs.
According to a presentation from Sears Holdings, the highlights of its overture to investors includes:
- An online sales increase of 25% in the fourth quarter and 17% for the full fiscal 2012.
- Half of online business coming as what the company terms Integrated Retail: either buy online, pick up in store or order in store, ship to home.
- Marketplace at Sears.com, its forum for independent retail partners, added 10 million products in the fourth quarter, to 65 million overall.
- The launch of Fulfilled by Sears service for other retailers.
- Expansion of SHOPSears and SHOPSears Lite tablet and mobile services this year to 40 more stores, up from 350.
- New Shop Your Way loyalty program application Member Assist roll out April 1.
The company added that Shop Your Way loyalty program members now account for 60% of Sears and Kmart sales. Annual sales per participant increase 8%, in 2012, it asserted, with Shop Your Way fans spending 18% more than non-members.