Amazon said that Cyber Monday was the single biggest shopping day in the company’s history, based on the number of items ordered worldwide.
Customers all around the world shopped at record levels across a wide selection, with hundreds of millions of products ordered worldwide between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday, according to the company. Customers are said to have purchased millions more Amazon Devices compared to the same period last year in Amazon’s stores globally and the best-selling items were Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
While Amazon didn’t release specific sales figures, the company highlighted several home-related categories:
- Amazon customers worldwide ordered more than 25 million home items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, combined.
- Best-sellers on Black Friday in the U.S. included, in home and housewares, the Instant Pot Duo80 8-quart cooker and the iRobot Roomba 675 robot vacuum.
- Top-selling categories worldwide included toys, home, fashion and health and personal care.
- The best-selling products in Amazon’s Stores on Cyber Monday in the U.S. included the Keurig K-Cafe coffeemaker.
- Independent third-party sellers in Amazon’s stores— mostly small and medium-sized businesses— sold more items during Cyber Monday 2019 than any other 24-hour period in the company’s history.
- It was a record-breaking holiday shopping weekend for smart home devices in Amazon’s stores globally with shoppers purchasing millions of smart home devices, including the iRobot Roomba 675 robot vacuum.
“We’re focused on making this holiday season more convenient than ever for our customers, especially given how short this holiday shopping season will be,” said Jeff Wilke, CEO worldwide consumer, Amazon. “We are thrilled that customers continue to come to Amazon in record numbers to discover what they need and want for the holidays. Thank you to our customers and employees all around the world for making this holiday shopping weekend the best yet.”