Bed Bath & Beyond has introduced the Cozy Backyard Holiday collection, a furnishings and housewares array curated to help consumers “enjoy the present” with ideas for creating a winter wonderland at home, the company said.
Developed by the company’s design team at Decorist, the collection provides a curated assortment of furnishings and décor, tips and design inspiration that can help families safely celebrate traditions with a twist by entertaining outdoors this holiday season.
Bed Bath & Beyond commissioned market research determining that 23% of Americans plan to celebrate the holidays outdoors this year. So Decorist designer Sarah Ramirez created a multi-purpose outdoor environment with spaces devoted to dining and lounging while offering easy tips for turning outdoor spaces into a cozy, cold-weather wonderlands:
- Create Distinct Entertaining Zones. A geometric-pattern outdoor rug is the foundation for the intimate fire pit seating area finished with essentials for a relaxing winter evening including comfy pillows, knitted throws, elegant hurricane lanterns, baskets filled with firewood, and even a dining table and chairs with a transitional slatted design.
- Add Some Color and Style. A simple outdoor rug can define a space while adding extra softness, warmth, and texture.
- Good Lighting Is Key. Nostalgic flameless candles brighten corners and lift spirits, hanging rustic lanterns can define tablescapes and fairy lights can introduce shimmer as placed in shrubs, oversize glass vases and various outdoor dark spots.
- Make It Cozy. A warm fleece or wool throws can provide a luxurious sense of warmth..
- Fortify Your Oven-to-Table Arsenal. Dutch ovens and other enameled baking dishes that go straight from oven to table can be fun and save time in prep and cleanup.
- Make Room. A patio pergola or gazebo, selected for local conditions, can frame out an instant outdoor room and shield guests from the elements.
Cindy Davis, Bed Bath & Beyond evp/chief brand officer, said, “At a time when our homes are the epicenter of our lives, outdoor living spaces have been an important place to enjoy time with friends and family safely. We know many customers want to extend the outdoor living season through the winter, so they can enjoy traditions with a twist this year. We’ve pivoted quickly to create our Cozy Backyard Holiday collection, with the help of our Decorist designers, to inspire shoppers to find everything they need to warm-up and cozy-up their outdoor spaces this season. We’re also making it faster, safer and easier than ever to shop through our new buy online pickup in store, curbside pickup and same day delivery services.”