Several gourmet housewares vendors were honored by the Dallas Market Center as part of the Market’s first annual Dallas Gourmet Gold Housewares Awards, sponsored by Gourmet Insider, HomeWorld Business’ sister publication.
According to market officials, judging for the awards across eight key categories was based on innovation, user-friendliness and visual appeal. The Smoking Box from Crafthouse by Fortessa, which received the Best Barware award, also received the Best in Class award.
Other winners included:
- Best Cookware/Bakeware: Dexas Elevated Silicone Baking Mat by Dexas International Ltd.
- Best Cutlery: Cangshan T1 Series 8 inch Chef Knife with Magnetic Knife Sheath by Cangshan Cutlery Company
- Best Kitchen Electrics: Compact Digital Scale (Cast aluminum) by KitchenIQ
- Best Kitchen Tools & Gadgets: ChicWrap Parchment Dispenser by Allen Reed Company, Inc.
- Best Serveware: Forte Condiment Server by Nambe
- Best Kitchen Textiles: Jean Dubost Pig Tea Towel by The French Farm
- Best Beverageware: Glass Core Bottle (16 oz. and 12 oz.) by Zoku, LLC
This year’s judges include: Kent Rathbun, a four-time James Beard nominated chef and restaurateur; Mark Vamos, a business journalism professor at Southern Methodist University and Dallas Morning News special contributor; and Karen Chandler, the owner of Kitchenwares on the Square in McKinney, TX.