The Dallas Market Center has revealed the winners of the 2019 Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards, sponsored by Gourmet Insider magazine. The awards were given out during an awards ceremony and cocktail reception held in the World Trade Center during the Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market.
The Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards celebrates manufacturers in the gourmet products industry who exhibit in Dallas. The winners are:
• Best Baked: Dr. Pete’s Rustic French Boule by Dr. Pete’s Gourmet Foods
• Best Beverage: Bentley’s Batch 5 Hot Barbecue Bloody Mary Mix by Bentley’s Batch 5
• Best Chocolate Candy/Dessert: Bourbon Pecan Truffle by Spokandy Chocolatier
• Best Condiment I – Sauces, Rubs, Seasonings: Smokin Mary original by Smokin Mary
• Best Condiment II – Oils, Vinegars, Dressings: J Welch Farms Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil by J Welch Farms
• Best Fruit Confit: Peach Pepper Jam by Southern Roots Sisters
• Best Healthy Lifestyle: Alberto’s Sweet Jalapeño Relish by Alberto’s Food Products, Inc.
• Best Non-Chocolate Candy/Desert: Jalapeño Peanut Brittle by Jalapeño Gold
• Best Snack: 40-Piece Wood Box – Sea Salt Caramels by Dutch House Confections
• Best Soup or Chili: Shrimp Bisque by Ala Carte Alice
Judging was based on originality, taste and packaging. This year’s judges included: Lauren De Bellis, senior editor of Gourmet Insider magazine; Uno Immanivong, CEO of Chef Uno Brands; and Chad Houser, founder and executive chef of Café Momentum.