The Dallas Market Center is putting an emphasis on a complete market experience at the upcoming Dallas Total Home & Gift Market with new events, showrooms and other enhancements. The market is scheduled to take place from January 16 to 22, 2019.
“For 2019, we are reshaping the market experience in order to serve buyers with big inspiration, incredible new resources, marketplace enhancements and the business intelligence needed in order to thrive,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO, Dallas Market Center.
Ahead of the show and as a preview of the new products, successful businesses, and creative personalities at market, buyers will receive a completely redesigned Dallas Market Center magazine. The new publication will launch in December as a larger magazine taking the place of Source, with a new name and look.
There will also be new and expanded showrooms debuting in 2019. Jura and Tervis will debut new showrooms at Cook In & Cook Out on the second floor of the Trade Mart. Da Bomb is set to open a new showroom in TM 1030 and Hannah’s Handiworks expands into TM 1745 and 1753. Anne McGilvray will show off a new showroom in the World Trade Center (WTC 280) including Blue Q, Boston International, Chronicle Books, Emily McDowell, Fred, Fringe Studio, Gumball Poodle, Knock Knock, People Places & Things, Twisted Wares and The Unemployed Philosophers Guild.
Retailers can also anticipate the $100 Amex Card promotion across all Temp neighborhoods effective Thursday, January 17 and Friday, January 18. The first 20 buyers in each Temp neighborhood who spend $1,000 or more on those days will receive a $100 Amex gift card. Retailers can purchase products from multiple Temp vendors to reach $1,000 or more, but the purchases must all be made within one neighborhood. Buyers must be one of the first 20 to take their confirmed order copies to the show office or buyer’s lounge on the applicable floor to receive their gift card.
In addition, the events at the market are as scheduled:
- Retail Expert and Bestselling Author Bob Negen will be on campus Tuesday, January 15 to present his “Retail Success Boot Camp: How to Run a Business That Doesn’t Run You.” Retailers will learn how to be smarter, better and wiser business professionals.
- Celebrity chef, author and Gourmet Gold Housewares Awards judge, Ingrid Hoffmann, will hold a book signing for her newly released cookbook, Latin Comfort Foods Made Healthy, inside Gourmet Market.
- The Gourmet Gold Housewares Awards, Dallas Market Center’s awards program that recognizes exceptional manufacturers in the housewares industry, will take place. Three judges from the culinary and hospitality industries will evaluate products across multiple categories based on innovation, user-friendliness and visual appeal.
- The 30th annual ARTS Awards will honor excellence and achievement in retailing, manufacturing, design and sales representation. In addition to category awards, David Gebhart of Global Views and Studio|A Home will be honored with the Academy of Achievement Award and Sharon Davis, executive director of ART, will be honored with the Legendary Leadership Award. The gala takes place on Friday evening, and a preview party takes place on Thursday evening.
- Dallas Market Center’s StyleEyes trendspotting program will return. A select group of industry-leading social media influencers including designers and retailers will leverage their knowledge and insights to highlight product discoveries across market.
- DMC TV LIVE, the morning show broadcasting live from market, will take place on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the show with a lineup of special guests. Join DMC TV host Kadee Coffman via Facebook live or on the campus monitors at 11 a.m.
- Retail expert Rawlins Gilliland offers popular discovery tours on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of the show including Trending Gift and Décor Items, Hottest Temp Picks, Top Cash & Carry Picks and more.