The Dallas Market Center is preparing design oriented events for the upcoming winter Dallas Total Home & Gift Market, set to take place from January 17 to 23, 2018, including a full schedule of seminars, celebrity guests, educational opportunities, and events for the interior design community.
“The design community is increasingly seeking inspiring products and learning opportunities,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “In January we will provide the new products and resources, paired with the events, seminars, networking and educational opportunities to help them keep up with industry trends and learn from design influencers.”
For interior designers and those interested in home design, events include:
- Oscar-winning actress, director, and author Diane Keaton will share her “love affair with houses and design,” as she talks through creating stylish spaces in association with her book, The House That Pinterest Built. The 1 p.m. conversation on January 19 in the WTC 1 Atrium, will be followed by a book signing in the Aidan Gray showroom, WTC 10009.
- The ARTS Awards Preview Night party takes place January 18 beginning at 6 p.m. in The Gallery at the Interior Home + Design Center. The 29th annual ARTS Awards black-tie gala will take place January 19 at the Hilton Anatole with awards presented to retailers, manufacturers, designers, and sales reps. Tickets are limited and can be purchased ahead of time.
Design panel series will include:
- Michael Mitchell, Tyler Hill, and Alexa Hampton will host a discussion called “Developing Product is Not for the Faint of Heart” on January 17 at 2 p.m. in the Interior Home + Design Center, IHDC 1D205
- Julia Buckingham, Robin Baron, and Steven Favreau present a discussion called “Diversifying Design” at 10 a.m. on January 18 in IHDC 1D205
- Dann Foley, Libby Langdon, and Michelle Workman will have a discussion called “Broaden Your Brand: Tips and Tactics to Really Grow Your Design Business” at 3 p.m. on January 18 in IHDC 1D205
- Nancy Price, Kelli Ellis, and Rebecca Robeson host a talk on “The Business of Interior Design” on January 19 at 1 p.m. in IHDC 1D205