The Dallas Market Center is updating its temporary exhibits in 2018. The improvements are scheduled to launch at the January Dallas Total Home & Gift Market.
The updates are designed to improve the buying experience for retailers attending the market, as well as drive traffic and sales for exhibitors. Improvements include re-merchandising select categories; launching new categories; creating new spaces for events, displays, and seminars; special giveaways; new food and drink outlets; new promotional events; and new marketing efforts to maximize the on-site promotion of temporary exhibits and individual exhibitors.
“After extensive feedback from exhibitors and buyers, we will be making significant changes beginning in January and will present more new exhibitors, unique products, new categories, heightened excitement, and an improved experience,” said Kristina Johnson, vp/trade shows, Dallas Market Center.
The Dallas Market Center said that improvements include:
- The 12th floor will undergo improvements in booth layout, signage, seating, and food outlets and will also host seminars and buyer hospitalities.
- Made, a section of exhibitors with products that are handmade, artisan, American made, one-of-a-kind, and global designs, will launch on the 12th floor.
- A special cause-related and charitable giving product section will launch on the 12th floor.
- Fashion accessories will move to the 13th floor of the World Trade Center to unite with women’s apparel temps.
- The 6th floor will welcome new exhibitors to the temporary home and design area.
- The Trade Mart atrium has been rebranded as Luxe Gift, and the exhibitor selection will evolve to represent luxury gift and high-style products.
- Market Hall will undergo improvements to its design and merchandising as well as new events and promotions. There will also be a selection of exhibitors presenting in-demand products such as immediate delivery items, furniture, and vintage products.
- A biergarten will also open in the Market Hall and will feature networking space and a selection of local and craft beers.
The Dallas Market will be held January 18 to 21, with the Luxe Gift and Home & Design Temps opening January 17.