The High Point Market Authority has released its Market Style Report for summer/fall 2017.
The twice-yearly forecast for home furnishings trends derives from product selections made by the HPMA’s Style Spotters during the Spring High Point Market. At the show, each Style Spotter team searched for furniture, lighting, rugs and decorative objects from among 2,000-plus exhibitor showrooms and identified the season’s hottest, must-have items for home décor.
Style Spotters who contributed to the summer/fall 2017 report include: Tami Ramsay and Krista Nye Nicholas, Cloth & Kind, Anishka Clarke and Niya Bascom, Ishka Designs, Lance Jackson and David Ecton, Parker Kennedy Living, and Ron Woodson and Jaime Rummerfield, Woodson & Rummerfield’s House of Design. Michelle Jennings Wiebe of Studio M, a veteran of the Style Spotters program since 2013 and now designated Style Spotter emeritus, led the 2017 program and contributed to the report’s introduction.
The trends identified in the report include:
- White Hot Texture. Looks with a calm, cool vibe often with tactile enhancements.
- Tissue Pink. A blush that refreshes.
- Angles vs. Organics. Natural forms contrasted and/or complemented by sharp lines.
- Grand Textures. Rich, throwback textiles.
- Salute to the Past. Inspirations from the art deco period.