HSN has selected the five finalists for its Project American Dreams initiative, with the products from each set to debut as part of the network’s The Monday Night Show on March 13.
The five finalists are:
- Hipatia López (Saddle Brook, NJ), who created the patented invention the Empanada/Pastry Fork, which is said to shape and seal anything from empanadas to calzones and apple turnovers up to five times faster.
- Juan Luis Pedro Sánchez (Madrid, Spain), creator of the the patented KeepFresh Sheets that are said to offer a natural and chemical-free way to extend the shelf life of fruits and vegetables.
- Frances Prado (Jamul, California), inventor of the patented Hanging Secrets, which offers women a new solution to hang, organize, protect and find their lingerie at home or on the go.
- Victoria Flores (New York, NY), co-creator of the patent-pending Lux Beauty Club’s Glam-N-Go Hair Bun, which is said to provide natural and inexpensive off-the-shelf hair buns and hair extensions constructed to fit and match almost any hair color.
- James and Kathryn Smith (Dallas, Texas), who co-created the patented Giraffe Razor Extension Handle, which offers a solution to people limited in flexibility and mobility by adding 15-inches to 20-inches to a razor handle and an easy pivoting head that rotates for personalization and convenience.
As part of its Project American Dreams, HSN has teamed with award-winning entrepreneur and Dreamers Ventures creator Liliana Gil Valletta and Bob Circosta, “TV’s Billion Dollar Man,” to search for new and exciting products from Latino entrepreneurs to launch on HSN. Project American Dreams is part of HSN’s American Dreams program to cultivate entrepreneurs and introduce new products to market.
The five finalists were selected from nearly 100 applicants for the opportunity to launch their products on HSN and reach a national audience.
U.S. Bank will sponsor the winners for a chance to attend the Stanford Latino Entrepreneur Leaders Program if qualified and take part in an immersive six-week program that provides the education, networks, mentorship and access to capital to grow their business.