Kitchenware and tech-inspired furniture and accessories top the list of Wayfair.com’s 2013 Most Popular Gifts for the Home this holiday season. The online retailer cultivated the list based on recent sales data, shopping trends and top-pinned and cool products on Pinterest, it said, after National Retail Foundation research assessed that 20.8% of shoppers would like to receive home decor or furniture-related holiday gifts this year.
“In addition to sprucing up their homes for holiday entertaining with tabletop items and decorative accents, shoppers are looking for home furnishings they can enjoy with their family and friends year-round,” said Catie Parrish, chief homemaker at Wayfair.com. “From specialty kitchen appliances and cookware to entertainment stands for new electronics, shoppers are looking for items that impress and get the job done. Home is where the heart is this holiday season, especially for budget-conscious consumers in search of lasting gifts that will make an impact well beyond the holiday season.”
Wayfair.com’s 2013 Most Popular Holiday Gifts for the Home:
- Specialty kitchen appliances: soda makers, ice cream makers, slow-cookers and juicers
- High-tech home gadgets: iPad/iPod compatible showerheads and cooking accessories
- TV stands and entertainment centers: furniture and space saving solutions for flat screen televisions and gaming systems
- Fire pits: copper fire pits and fire pit tables for outdoor entertaining all year round
- Greenhouses: walk-in greenhouses and tiered portable garden houses
- Wall mirrors: sunburst mirrors and geometric-framed mirrors
- Game tables: air hockey, ping pong, pool tables and 3-in-1 multi-game tables
- Statement cookware: brightly colored enameled Dutch ovens, roasters and skillets
- Children’s recliners and bean bag chairs: personalized pint-sized seating for kids
- Chevron print accessories: throw pillows, rugs and accent chairs in the year’s most popular patterns.