Kroger has debuted a new logo and brand transformation campaign developed with agency DDB New York and based around the slogan “Fresh for Everyone.”
The retailer is updating major brand attributes as part of the initiative, including:
- Logo. A more contemporary logo composition that retains the shape and movement of the iconic K and G in the company name (see below).
- Tagline. The simple Fresh for Everyone statement encapsulates Kroger’s positioning as an egalitarian American brand and underscores the company’s concern that everyone has access to fresh, affordable and delicious food.
- Primary Brand Color. Blue signals Kroger heritage, safety and inspiration of trust.
- Color Accent Palette. Bright colors signify Kroger’s commitment to fun and inclusion, which features in the campaign.
- Animation. A cast of animated characters dubbed Kroji, a word combining the company name with the term emoji, represent customers, associates and communities in an inclusive, relatable, optimistic and amusing way that underscore Kroger’s determination to be fun and relatable.
- Photography and Video Style. Representation makes the statement that Kroger food stands out in the grocery industry’s “sea of sameness.”
“Kroger’s new brand launch is a unifying framework for our seamless shopping experience that is designed to deepen our connection with customers and associates today and into the future, support our business transformation and provide an elevated creative approach,” said Mike Donnelly, Kroger’s evp/chief operating officer. “Kroger chose Fresh for Everyone as our leading brand message because it is inclusive, clear and memorable and supports our vision of serving America through food inspiration and uplift.”
Kroger is launching a mass media campaign to amplify its new brand transformation. Advertising channels include retail, television and radio broadcast, digital, print, social, podcast, cinema, outdoor, and TV and music streaming services.