In the 2017 LIMA International Licensing Awards, Hot Topic won Retailer of the Year for its Suicide Squad initiative, the company’s second consecutive win in the category.
The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association held its annual awards ceremony at the 2017 Licensing Expo at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. Winners in other categories included:
- Art/Design. V&A, Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Celebrity/Fashion. Open Hearts by Jane Seymour, Jane Seymour Designs/Licensing Matters Ltd.
- Character/Toy Brand. DC Super Hero Girls, Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
- Corporate Brand. Girl Scouts of the USA, Girl Scouts of the USA/The Wildflower Group.
- Digital. Five Nights at Freddy’s, Scottgames/Striker Entertainment.
- Film/TV/Entertainment, Animated. PAW Patrol, Spin Master Ltd.
- Film/TV/Entertainment, Live-Action. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
- Food & Beverage/Restaurant. Corona, Constellation Brands/The Joester Loria Group.
- Sports. NFLPA.
- Licensed Promotion. Batman Vs. Superman Dawn of Justice and Turkish Airlines, Warner Bros. Consumer Products/Lisans A.S.
- Location-Based or Experiential Initiative. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Hogsmeade at Universal Studios Hollywood, Warner Bros.
In the products part of the awards program, Jay Franco & Sons won in home decor for Star Wars back-to-college and adult bedding. In the appliances/automotive/electronics/hardware/housewares/paint category, Select Brands won for the Disney/Pixar Pixar collection slow cooker while in health and beauty aids, Clinique won for the Crayola limited edition chubby stick lip balm.
“This year’s award winners represent world-class licensing programs and products from around our global industry,” said LIMA president Charles Riotto. “We are proud to recognize and honor the achievements of these companies, chosen from a record 461 submissions this year, for their impressive initiatives and outstanding results.”