The NPD Group’s home division presented its second annual industry performance awards to housewares and small appliance brands showing the biggest dollar share gains in 2014 versus 2013. The company presented the awards on Saturday, March 7 as part of the International Home + Housewares Show.
NPD bases the award on its Retail Tracking Service figures.
Eligible were brands with overall sales among the top 15 in the category. NPD presented awards in cookware, bakeware, cutlery, housewares (everyday) dinnerware, casual beverageware, casual flatware, kitchen electrics, personal care appliances and floor care.
NPD also presented awards in the three small appliance categories to brands with the top dollars velocity in 2014 based on sales performance relative to distribution.
“These awards showcase impressive performance by brands in housewares and small appliance categories, and demonstrate some of the key trends driving the business,” Lora Morsovillo, president NPD’s home division, said in announcing the award winners. “We are thrilled to recognize the brands leading the way in our industry.”
NPD 2015 Industry Performance Awards for greatest dollar share gain in housewares and small appliances were:
- Casual Flatware: Towle Everyday from Lifetime Brands
- Cookware: T-Fal from Groupe SEB
- Cutlery: Chicago Cutlery from World Kitchen
- Housewares Dinnerware: Corelle from World Kitchen
- Metal Bakeware: Wilton from Wilton Industries
- Non-Metal Bakeware: Pyrex from World Kitchen
- Casual Beverageware: Luminarc from Arc International
- Floor Care: Shark from Euro-Pro
- Kitchen Electrics: Nutri Bullet from Capital Brands
- Personal Care: Wahl from Wahl
#1 Brand in Dollar Velocity for small appliances were:
- Floor Care: Shark Euro-Pro
- Kitchen Electrics: Cuisinart from Conair
- Personal Care Appliances: Conair from Conair