According to NPD, housewares products like multi-cookers, robotic vacuums and portable beverageware are poised to make gains during the 2017 holiday season.
“Today’s consumers are deeply invested in their home life, and they are willing to invest in making sure it is the best it can be, and sharing that desire with family and friends this holiday season,” said Joe Derochowski, executive director and industry analyst, NPD.
NPD predicts the following housewares will be top sellers this year:
- Multi-cookers are this season’s ‘must-have’ item for the home, appealing to consumers’ desire for convenience in creating healthy meals.
- Coffeemakers and cookware will continue to be a top holiday draw, driven by a renewed focus this year.
- Robotic and stick vacuums will clean up with innovation and marketing messages around simplifying household chores.
- Portable beverageware is a giftable item that can also have a personal flair with color and design selections.
- Impulse shopping will drive sales in barware and anything tea-related.
- Oral care, garment care, and other personal care appliances, while personal and practical, will prove to be welcome gifts under the tree or in a consumer’s own shopping bag, NPD said.