NY Now will present a variety of educational sessions covering a broad range of business strategies, supplemented by after-hours networking opportunities, themed product displays and product awards during its 2015 summer market.
The programs, said NY Now are designed to enrich the market experience for participants of the show, which will take place August 15-19 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
“We’re committed to delivering not just outstanding home and lifestyle, but to go beyond to help market participants better their businesses and to enjoy the best of New York City,” said Randi Mohr, NY Now co-director and vp.
Show organizers said that leading industry experts will explore several business operations topics including social media marketing, visual merchandising and tax preparation, and share savvy, actionable strategies.
Below are a few seminar highlights:
- SnapRetail will host a variety of daily, free, sessions addressing online marketing strategies, with both 15-minute “In a Snap” sessions, as well as more in-depth explorations of building a web presence, Pinterest and Instagram for businesses, effective email subject lines, and more.
- CRAFT (Craft Retailers & Artists for Tomorrow) will present a series of “Power Hour” sessions focusing on different aspects of branding and sales strategies.
- Representatives from Marks Paneth and Marshall Law Group, two Museum Store Association members, will host sessions that will address tax and branding issues relevant to non-profit retailing.
- Lifetime Brands’ Tom Mirabile will present, along with Pantone and Progressive Media: “Open House — What’s Hot in Home?” which will explore design and color trends and related consumer preferences.
- “Pop-Up Retailing” hosted by Specialty Retail Report and presented by Patti Biro, will address the new trend in temporary retailing.
- The Day Spa Association will deliver “Spa Products Are Hot… Show Them to Sell Them!”
- Material and color trends, brand story-telling, spa retailing and selling to Millennials will be addressed in three seminars presented and/or hosted by The New York Chapter of International Furnishings and Design Association (IFDA), designer Stacy Garcia, Susan Szenasy of Metropolis, the Day Spa Association and Claire Johnson, managing editor of Giftware News.
- Fashion Group International will deliver “New Gifting Experience,” discussing the latest in gifting for today’s discriminating consumer; “Blogging for Business 101: Everything You Need to Know and Why” will discuss using a blog to build business; and Gift Shop will present “How to Hire, Manage and Retain Millennial Employees.”
- There will also be an expanded slate of seminars to be hosted in connection with Artisan Resource, which runs concurrently with NY Now.