The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association has finalized the ballot for the 2015 International Licensing Awards, for which LIMA members can vote online through Wednesday, May 12, the organization announced.
A record 142 nominees from 14 countries, representing an array of categories including licensing, retailing, promotion, and consumer products, will compete to win the awards. The LIMA Awards ceremony will fete the winners on Tuesday, June 9, during the Licensing Expo in Las Vegas.
Category updates on the 2015 ballot include separating Film, Television and Entertainment into Animation and Live Action; Art & Design restructured to Lifestyle: Art, Design or Fashion; Digital/New Media updated to Digital; and Celebrity newly identified as Celebrity or Music. Other categories in the awards competition include Toy Brand, Sports or Sports-Themed Entertainment, Corporate Brand, Retailer of the Year Licensed Promotion and Overall Best Licensed Program.
This year’s nominees for Overall Best Licensed Program, representing each of the major property classifications, are:
- AMC The Walking Dead. AMC/Striker Entertainment
- Disney’s Frozen. The Walt Disney Company/Disney Consumer Products
- Downton Abbey. NBCUniversal International Television Production/Knockout Licensing
- Minecraft. Mojang
- My Little Pony. Hasbro
- One Direction. Modest Management/Global Merchandising Services Ltd.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro. The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company/Seltzer Licensing Group
- Stanley, Black + Decker, DeWalt. Stanley Black & Decker, Inc./Beanstalk
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar/The World of Eric Carle. Eric Carle Studio/The Joester Loria Group
- World Cup. FIFA
“The LIMA Licensing Awards is a globally-recognized program that celebrates superior performance throughout the licensing industry,” said LIMA president Charles Riotto. “We are pleased to have received so many outstanding submissions from a record number of countries this year and look forward to honoring the 2015 winners.”