Twelve Publix supermarket managers were recognized for their leadership and dedication during a dinner at the company’s annual Retail Operations Conference in Orlando, Florida. The George W. Jenkins Award and the President’s Award are Publix’s two most prestigious recognitions.
The George W. Jenkins Award, named after Publix’s late founder, was presented to five store managers and a support leader who exemplify leadership, perpetuate the Publix culture and demonstrate commitment to the founder’s vision. The 2019 recipients are
- Store manager Joe Blaszczak, Birmingham, AL
- Store manager Michael Millien, Wake Forest, NC.
- Store manager Kelly Wilson, Orlando, FL
- Store manager Dan Murphy, Sarasota, FL
- Store manager Nick Abiusi, Jupiter, FL
- Pharmacy operations manager, Kathy Leonard, Miami division
The President’s Award was given to four district managers, a recently promoted regional director and a support leader who embody Publix’s founding philosophies. Recipients have proven their dedication to fairness, mentoring future leaders and maintaining the dignity, value and employment security of their associates. The 2019 recipients are
- Atlanta division district manager, Aissata Deme
- Charlotte division regional director, Joey Riddle
- Jacksonville division district manager, Johnny Hankerson
- Lakeland division district manager, Greg Chambless
- Miami division district manager, Charles Anderson
- Senior manager of business analysis and reporting, Frank Maggio
“These managers exemplify the values George Jenkins founded our company on,” said Publix president Kevin Murphy. “I’m proud of their accomplishments and grateful for their dedication to making Publix a great place to work and shop.”