Walmart is reportedly making organizational changes as it continues to integrate its store, digital and omnichannel operations, according to a memo obtained by CNBC that was sent by CEO Doug McMillon to the retailer’s employees.
The organizational changes are a continuation of a strategy to bring together physical and digital operations, assets and executives that the retailer has deployed for several years since the acquisition of Jet.com, the report said.
A key change for Walmart is bringing the U.S. supply chain teams together, which will be led by Greg Smith, current evp/Walmart U.S. supply chain. Smith will jointly report to Greg Foran, who runs Walmart’s U.S. stores, and Marc Lore, who runs Walmart’s U.S. e-commerce business.
Nate Faust is currently leading e-commerce fulfillment for Walmart, after joining the company as part of the Jet acquisition. Faust will assist with the integration of the new leadership teams before moving to a new, yet-to-be announced position.
Twelve other executives with the retailer have been named to the newly created U.S. supply chain leadership team:
- Mike Gray – regional distribution network
- Tim Cooper – grocery distribution network
- Alex Krueger – e-commerce fulfillment operations
- Monique Picou – flow, the fashion, imports and reverse logistics networks
- Cameron Geiger – supply chain services
- Justen Traweek – central operations supply chain
- Mike Indresano – e-commerce transportation
- Tom Shortt – inventory management and strategy e-commerce
- David Guggina – central operations e-commerce
- Jeff England – strategy and automation
- Ken Braunbach – inbound transportation
- Jeff Hammonds – fleet operations
Finance is another area that will be further integrated, as Walmart brings together the store and e-commerce finance teams. Walmart U.S. chief financial officer Michael Dastugue will lead the new team, and continue to report to Brett Biggs, Walmart’s chief financial officer. Steve Schmitt will become the new U.S. e-commerce chief financial officer supporting Lore’s team. Schmitt is currently Sam’s Club chief financial officer.
According to the report, U.S. merchandising teams will stay distinct, but Ashley Buchanan will move from the evp/chief merchandising officer at Sam’s Club to be the chief merchandising officer for U.S. e-commerce, reporting to Lore.