The industry figures featured in the tenth annual “The Players,” in the August 17 issue of HOMEWORLD BUSINESS®, are expected to have a significant impact on the housewares industry going forward.
In selecting the “Players,” HomeWorld Business editors culled the list from a large group of candidates that included suppliers, retailers, designers and industry-affiliated organizations.
Many of those to have been selected as HomeWorld Players during the past decade, including some in this issue, already have earned accolades and high stature because of their business excellence. The Players designation, however, actually is recognition of individuals who for myriad reasons find themselves in the immediate spotlight—and sometimes on the hot seat— for what has yet to be accomplished.
The HomeWorld Players list is also intended to represent a cross section of a diverse housewares business— from established to newly installed company leaders; from large to small operations, from big-box to specialty retailers; from trade show managers to celebrity endorsers.
The group is diverse, not just in the scope of their businesses and responsibilities, but also in their individual experiences and contributions to the industry. All, however, have played a role in shaping the housewares industry.
This year’s The Players issue features the following people to watch in 2016:
- Scott Boilen, Allstar Products Group
- Brad Bonham, Walker Edison
- Brian Cornell, Target
- Tom Dickson, Blendtec
- Mary Dillon, Ulta Beauty
- Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman
- Marvin Ellison, J.C. Penney
- Gary Friedman, RH
- Tony Gardner, Libbey
- Darrin Johnston, Meyer Corporation
- Alex Lee, Oxo
- Kris Malkoski, World Kitchen North America
- Cindy Morris, Dallas Market Center
- Marc Navarre, Focus Products Group International
- Beau Parker, Smith’s Consumer Products
- Andreas Rouvé, Spectrum Brands
- Niraj Shah and Steve Conine, Wayfair
- Sam Solomon, EveryWare Global
- Will Symonds, DKB Household USA
- Steven Temares, Bed Bath & Beyond
For a profile of each of The Players, see the August 17 issue of HOMEWORLD BUSINESS®. This issue also features the annual Supermarket Report.