Wayfair has selected the winners of its Dream Classroom Giveaway, and the five teachers are getting brand-new classroom furniture, storage and décor.
Conducted by the company’s business-to-business Wayfair Professional division, the Dream Classroom contest included gathering nominations from the public through a contest website and selection of winners based on criteria such as a teacher’s meaningful impact on a student, class or community, unique teaching approach and how an upgraded teaching environment might foster student learning and participation.
From more than 2,300 contest submissions, Wayfair Professional selected five winning teachers:
- Chelsea Haffenreffer, first grade teacher at Riverton Elementary in Portland, ME.
- Jessica Poggemoeller, third grade teacher at Shoal Creek Elementary in San Diego.
- Devann Manning, sixth, seventh, and eighth grade foreign language teacher at River Oaks Middle School in North Charleston, SC.
- Alicia Oddo, seventh and eighth grade English language arts teacher at Joseph C. Wilson Foundation Academy in Rochester, NY.
- Braden Mitchell, 11th and 12th grade mathematics teacher and football coach at Northridge High School in Layton, UT.
The winning teachers will work with a Wayfair Professional designer to refurbish their classrooms. The winners select all new classroom items including student desks and chairs, storage options, marker boards, a teacher’s desk, among other pieces, all tailored to the appropriate age group, with variations based on student needs and classroom type.
“We’re thrilled to announce the Dream Classroom Giveaway winners,” said Margaret Lawrence, vp/Wayfair Professional. “These are exceptional teachers who are leaders and innovators in their communities. We hope that with top of the line classroom furniture, storage and décor, these teachers will have the upgraded classrooms they need to continue impacting their students and community for many years to come.”