As the e-tailer has been expanding its plumbing selection, Wayfair has taken account search trends to determine how home fashion is affecting the consumer approach to kitchens and bathroom decor.
For ready-to-remodel consumers, Wayfair plans to launch a Spring Renovation Sale on February 25, continuing through April 1. Sponsored by Moen, the sale will include discounts across the company’s plumbing, lighting, tile and flooring, vanities, cabinetry, door hardware, and related collections.
The kitchen and bathroom trends the e-tailer detailed are:
- Farmhouse Frenzy. Shoppers have been adopting rustic styles with farmhouse looks now the variation of choice. Wayfair searches for farmhouse fixtures increased fourfold over the past year and sales of farmhouse sinks almost doubled.
- Set in Stone. Shoppers are more set on concrete kitchen sinks as searches for concrete furniture and decor overall gained by half over the past 12 months.
- Black is the New Chrome. It’s not that chrome and silver have plummeted in popularity, rather consumers are gravitating more toward chic black and black matte finishes for faucets and sinks, with searches for such products tripling year over year.
- Many Shades of Gold. Faucets and fixtures in golden hues have excited shoppers looking to glamorize their spaces in ways that complement both classic and contemporary styles.
- Neat and Tidy. Shoppers seeking space-saving options have driven interest in floating vanities among items that offer a clean, modern look but have more efficient storage capacity that can contain clutter.
“In addition to offering an unrivaled selection for shoppers redesigning or simply upgrading their kitchens and baths, we are constantly expanding our resources and services to support their entire home improvement projects,” said Adam Sinoway, Wayfair head of renovation. “Our growing team of specialized experts walk customers through every step, from ensuring each fixture meets all specifications to finding just the right sink or vanity that matches their style and budget. In addition, enhanced delivery, installation and assembly services ensure that every last detail, no matter how complex the project, is taken care of from beginning to end.”