Wayfair has revealed top housewares trends based on shopping of the company’s growing housewares selection including tabletop, small electrics and appliances.
As consumers have shopped millions of options from leading brands such as All-Clad, Cuisinart, Keurig, Wüsthof, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Pyrex and Rachael Ray as well as Wayfair Basics, the company has gathered data from searches and registry shopping that provides insights on how consumers are enhancing their kitchens with housewares products. The top trends Wayfair identified from the data are:
- Healthy and Homemade. Wayfair customers continue to gravitate toward products and appliances that promote a healthy lifestyle, with, for example, juicer searches up 82% year over year. Consumers also are experimenting with new and innovative approaches to cooking, evinced by recent air fryers and multi-functional appliance searches gaining over 30% from last year.
- Restaurant Quality at Home. Consumers are looking for new ways to bring a professional touch to their recipes, with searches for sous-vide slow cookers up 54% year over year.
- Wedding Bells Signal Pastels. KitchenAid mixing products continue to be a wedding gift staple as the brand’s Artisan Stand Mixer, in the Aqua Sky pastel finish, topped the most-registered gift list. Pastel themes have gotten a positive reception across registries as couples embrace retro looks for new appliances, with Smeg 50s Style 4 Slice Toaster in pastel blue proving popular, as has its 50s Style Stand Mixer in a cream finish and its 50s Style Blender 2 Slice Toaster in pastel green.
- Homebrewed. Wayfair shoppers are seeking out machines that can serve their favorite caffeinated beverages, as suggested by cold-brew searches gaining 50% year over year and searches for coffee makers and espresso makers more than doubling. Pour-over coffee makers have gained as well with searches up 82%.
- Parties that Pop. Consumers entertaining at home are embracing novelty products that provide a fun focal point for guests. Wayfair searches for popcorn machines, for instance, have grown by 41% and items such as cotton candy machines and soft serve ice cream makers have gotten more attention.
As the company has expanded its housewares assortment, Wayfair has also developed Specialty Shops that help promote home-related products. Customers can consider unique table setting combinations with the Mix ‘n’ Match Fiestaware tool and visit Wine & Cheese, Hostess and Mug Shops to find items that align with their preferences.
In another approach, Wayfair focuses on value through its 3 for $30 Shop and its newly-launched 3 for $50 Shop, which let customers mix and match items from a wide selection for one low price, and enjoy the added benefit of free, two-day delivery. Wayfair has also enhanced its wedding registry so that, in addition to exploring ideas and advice for inspiration, couples can take advantage of helpful tools such as the Registry Checklist and the newly launched Gift Tracker, which lets registrants know when they have received a present.
“Our customers are continuously seeking ideas and inspiration for their housewares collections throughout the year, whether updating kitchen staples, treating themselves to the latest appliances, or sprucing up tablescapes with new styles and seasonal patterns,” said Ryan Gilchrist, Wayfair general manager of housewares. “As we continuously expand our offering to deliver the best possible shopping experience for the home, we are also focused on creating an interactive hub for housewares brands by bringing products to life in new and innovative ways. From rich media and video to enhanced product pages, we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for shoppers to find the information they need to be confident in their purchase every time.”