Zola.com, a universal wedding registry website launched in October 2013 targeting the modern couple, has launched the Zola iPhone app, which will allow couples to create and manage their Zola registry from anywhere, the company said.
Zola allows couples to register in one place for curated merchandise, experiences, services, cash funds and almost anything from any store. With the Zola app, couples will be able to create and edit their registries while on the go, scan any product onto their registry using the barcode scanner, and use app-exclusive features like Blender, which allows them to browse the entire Zola selection, one at a time, swiping right to add to their registry or left to pass, the company said.
“Couples today expect their wedding registry experience to be easy to set up, fun to interact with and accessible from anywhere,” said Shan-Lyn Ma, cofounder and CEO of Zola. “Zola for iPhone leverages the modern design and device capabilities our couples expect from their favorite apps. We are making the experience of adding gifts to wedding registries as exciting as it should be— whether our couple is on their couch swiping things onto their registry via Blender, or out in the world, adding things to their registry via the barcode scanner.”
Since Zola’s launch in October 2013, over 10,000 couples have created a registry on Zola.com, with registry growth accelerating every month, the company said. There are now 3,000 products/experiences available on Zola.com, with experiences available across four cities and plans to expand into at least four more within the next six months.
“Zola’s mission is to help engaged couples imagine and realize their future lives together. We hope this new app helps facilitate meaningful conversations between couples, wherever they are, about the kinds of experiences and items they want to bring into their home and life together,” said Nobu Nakaguchi, cofounder and chief design officer of Zola.
Couples using the iPhone app will have access to all of the benefits of Zola, the company said, which includes the expansive selection of gifts and honeymoon funds, Group Gifting and Send It Later features. Other Zola features include:
- Personalize the Zola wedding registry by uploading photos from an iPhone, creating new collections for gifts, and writing notes to guests about why items on the registry were chosen.
- Add anything from anywhere: Zola’s barcode scanner allows users to add any item to your registry.
- Couples can quickly browse Zola’s entire selection, one at a time, and swipe right to add to their registry or swipe left to pass on the item with the Blender feature.
- Browse thousands of popular products, experiences and honeymoon funds, or let Zola’s Starter Collections guide users to the essentials and most popular registry items.
- Zola’s Gift Tracker lets users see when gifts are given, manage delivery of gifts and withdraw cash fund gifts.